Sunday, October 17, 2010

We Survived!

This is our title due to the many happenings we have at the moment.  Liv did great at her swim meet.  She swam her little heart out.  I think I went in there blind.  Like I was just gonna sit at a soccer game.  NOT!  Rude awakening!  Imagine, 200 kids with parents all stacked into a gym with a mad scramble to get your kid to their event on time, all for the first time!  WOWE!  The kids were great, Liv was happy and you know it is the little things that count!  Poor thing had to go back to back events.  She was a champ, showed her real spirit.  The mermaid swam her 50 backstroke  59.60.  Went back to the gym and tried to eat her sandwich, BOOM!  as soon as her feet hit the gym they were last calling her next event!!!!  Off she went, and off I went to find a good seat.  Liv got up on the blocks for her event.  She was off to a great start.  Then I saw her starting to waver.  My heart was beating so fast.  All I wanted to do was grab her and push her along!  My little prayers were with her, I was willing her along.  I wanted her to just finish.  Her struggle, i felt.  Just by pushing through her pain and finishing, i feel she made a great stride that day.  She can apply this to her life.  Your family is here for you ( she heard us yelling for her) you can push through the hard times, you just gotta work at it!  That is the very princcple our country is built upon.  Funny how the little things in life make it so you learn and grow and choose to apply them or not! 
  On a personal note, I also pushed through.  I bumped into a old hurt subject at the grocery no less.  My first response was to run.  My next was to dig in and realize that, these people cannot hurt me.  Sure enough, we were pleasant, polite, and even though they asked many questions i was polite and smiled and went about my shopping.  That was a personal victory.  For once, I did not let someone else beat me down mentally.  I stood strong, even though things went wrong in the past I knew they couldnt break me now.  I was hurt for a couple of years but now, Icould stand firm.  I am a great Mom, person, wife.  I care, perhaps too much hence what got me into some sticking situations.  But, the past is the past right.  Except for when it haunts you!  I made it, Liv made it.  We are moving on!  How blessed I am!  To ice the cake, My dear hubby finally gets his couple of days off!  How can this go so bad?!  I love my Jones life!

No comments:

Post a Comment