13 Nov 2010
Today is our anniversary! Happy 12th! I don’t think we have lost what our anniversary is, but I do feel like we got shammed this year. I am happy and blessed that Jeff ishome and we are all together, so perhaps that is our biggest gift! We started our adventure, I like to think today. We were in the village and it was awesome! We can walk from our home to the village as well. Yes it is a bit of a walk but, doable! We didn’t even make it to all of the stores but so far, I found a place that sells yankee candles! J We went to to a English grocery, actually two of them. One was in the village and the other was in New Market the bigger town. The one in New market is like a Kroger. I am very interested in their stuff. I even saw brussell sprout trees?! Man, I have a learning curve happening here! We got kinder eggs for the kids. Jeff has fond memories of getting those eggs when he was a kid from Germany! I thought that would be great to pass on. We even got a few to send home. The mail thing is wow! To get something home for Christmas you have to mail it now!
My words for the day:
garage- yes like our garage but it is pronounced garriage like a carriage
Trolley- cart
wheelie bin-garbage can
Did I tell you we put down our deposit today. So, now it is just a waiting game for the base to get the money straight. Hopefully we meet the deadline to get out of TLF by the 24th of Nov. Should be interesting with no furnishings coming until the 17th of Dec.
The village and the scenery is beautiful. We saw ducks in the stream on our walk they were waddling down the footpath. Liv is becoming quite the map reader on our adventures! Blake is quietly taking it all in, I am still waiting for his big observation point. We now have sterling account so perhaps that will make our transition a little easier…still pondering the exchange rate. Rather intrigued to find where the best deal is to trade in etc.
No comments:
Post a Comment