It is now 0913. I say this because I could still sleep forever and the kids are! While our adventure has been just that, sleep is something I cant seem to get enough of yet. I swore I was going to sit down and write this morning before I forgot all of these new thoughts, feelings etc. SO here I am.
I have already expressed how crazy the flight was over here, and really all I can say about that is: God is amazing, and we have an awesome family! No matter how long we waited for a bus or how many times up and down a terminal ramp our babies did it with no whining no fussing just done. We all pitched in and got there ( it may have been the wrong place but we sure busted tail getting there!) As for the plane I am thankful that the man survived and that we were able to give him a little help even if it was just a simple prayer. Sometimes it truly is the little things that count!
Lift-elevator that was the word for the day last Saturday! Today it is Let- makes sense like sublet. We have graduated to cooking from our billet. I have even mastered the laundry, which you would think is no large feat but it is when the dryer moves when you shut the door and your finger gets crushed when you slide it back lol! Truly, it is the little things in life.
Yesterdays adventure was an all day briefing by everyone of the leaders of the base and all the usual briefings of equal opportunity, housing, tricare, etc. The kids and I joined jeff. It really was an all day thing. Poor kids were bored out of their minds but once again they were champs and rose to the challenge! Several troops even commented as to how great behaved the kids were. That really is what makes my heart soft. I know we did our best in raising our children, but when others recognize it, well it is like letting their light shine. I guess it made everything we sacrificed be a little more worth it! I think everytime I wish I was back at work fulltime, I remind myself how important of a job I have right here. Our babies will not want or need to be at home or with their momma forever.
The house back home is a sore subject. Yes, I think the house should rent. The realtor who is supposed to take my pain away seems to add to it! Now for some unforeseen reason my dang front lock wont work or so she says! Worked fine when we left…GRRRR. Hello, 500 dollars in escrow money, cleaner who cleaned but didn’t clean carpet…argh. Really, I need to just let go! Money is a problem that simply happens there is not going away with one income in Europe. I must deal with it.
The transition, while I fuss slightly because it is rather overwhelming, well it isn’t so bad ,I overall feel safe. The green grass helps take my mind off of the drizzle and can you believe they still have roses here! Awesome! We also saw our first thatched roof yesterday. Cant wait to get a picture! Hopefully today Jeff gets his license and we can rent a vehicle! I am anxious to get out there and try. Yesterday I drove my first right hand drive vehicle. Manual no less! I was stoked! YEHA! Sure was scary when someone was coming near me though feels like they are in your face! We have awesome sponsors here! I couldn’t ask for any better! They have just showed up when we have needed them, have driven us around even when we haven’t asked, they are saints in my book! Heck last night John picked us up took us to the red lodge housing area so we could see a house and then took us to look at some cars, then to the commissary so we could cook! Liv was sleeping so he even sat in the car with the kids! That rocks! I hope we can do the same for someone later! What great representation of what sponsors and Christians they are. Yes, Cindy and I have discussed politics and religion! I am sad they are moving in March! ;( But am thankful for the time we can spend with them now! Thank you god for such wonderful people!
My Aunt Vicki, Curtis, and Carrie have been awesome with this whole thing too. My Aunt is a true motherly figure. I am glad to have her back in my life! Curtis and Carrie and I, well I think we are the family of the misfits! I don’t care what we are, together we fit! ;)
Today’s Momma goal: Let the kids have alil fun before I drag them all over dodge some more! I really think they are just happy to be here. Everyone asks how are the kids? How are they adjusting? Really I see no issue. Is it because we are all putting on our brave faces and pressing on? Perhaps. But in some ways I think our kids get the bigger picture…As long as we are together and Daddy doesn’t go to war, heck who can ask for more? Thank you! For my blessings! With coffee almost complete, I am headed to the park, the post office and anywhere else I can get on my 2 make that 6 feet!
No comments:
Post a Comment